[Users] Spam magically being moved to trash w/o being told to?

jdebert jdebert at garlic.com
Tue May 20 03:34:12 CEST 2014

On Mon, 19 May 2014 07:25:58 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Sun, 18 May 2014 10:58:35 -0700
> jdebert <jdebert at garlic.com> wrote:
>
> > I've looked through filters, the rc files and docs for clues but I
> > found nothing that hints at this behaviour.
>
> If you no longer have any spam plugins loaded, and your filters are
> not moving those messages to the trash folder, then it's not Claws
> doing that.

Well there was a clue staring me in the face.

It appears that filter action "mark as spam" not just marks a
message as spam but also moves messages to Trash. Enabling that action
causes all messages marked as spam to appear in trash.

Filter log shows that when the spam filter rules are processed, the
filter processing actions stop at "mark as spam" and does not get to
the next action, "move to spam folder".

Sample filter rule:

enabled rulename "Spam Is Yes"
 header "X-Spam-Status" matchcase "yes"
 mark_as_read
 mark_as_spam  <----------------- last action logged for rule.
 move "#mh/Mailbox/SPAM" <------- never processed.

This is unexpected and undocumented behaviour, not observed in earlier
versions. I would expect marking a message marks a message and does
nothing else.

jd