[Users] WOW!! Stumbled upon a really nasty situation...

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Tue May 13 21:38:40 CEST 2014

On Tue, 13 May 2014 14:01:50 -0400 I wrote:

>The rule that ended up being handled as [preglobal] is (obfuscated):
>from matchcase "@source.tld" |
> from matchcase "sourceuser@"
> redirect 3 "First Last <flast at firstlast.com>"
> move "#mh/Mailbox/inbox/01_SourceUser"

As I analyze what happened in this "situation", another thing that
happened was that the above rule moved some of the "New" messages back
into the same folder.  But...  I ended up with a _copy_ of each "moved"
message...  My C knowledge is about 40 years out of date, so reading what
you guys wrote is beyond my skills... :(

However, just wanted to point out that a {pre[,post?]}global "move" might
be doing a copy if source & destination folders are the same...

BTW, I've never used {pre,post}global filtering... except be accident
today. LOL

HTH,
Pierre