[Users] After many trouble-free years, one account times out on a message...

Colin Leroy colin at colino.net
Mon May 5 20:37:50 CEST 2014

On 05 May 2014 at 14h16, Pierre Fortin wrote:

Hi,

> [13:25:46] POP3> DELE 17
> [13:25:46] POP3< +OK Message deleted
> [13:25:46] POP3> RETR 155
> [13:25:46] POP3< +OK 13216 octets
> ** Session timed out. You may be able to recover by increasing the
> timeout value in Preferences/Other/Miscellaneous.

Weird. What you can do is RETR 155 from a telnet session, DELE 155,
QUIT (which validates the DELEs, this is why no delete take place in
your case).

Then if 155 isn't personal, send it to our Bugzilla...
You can also import it by saving the contents of RETR 155's reply to a
numbered file somewhere in your mailbox.

HTH,
--
Colin