[Users] Preferences not being saved

Paul Rolland (=?UTF-8?B?44Od44O844Or44O744Ot44Op44Oz?=) rol at witbe.net
Tue Mar 25 21:57:43 CET 2014

Hello,

On Tue, 25 Mar 2014 16:34:14 -0400
"Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI" <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 11:55:16 -0400
> Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:
>
> > >For the Nth time I have opened Configuration => Preferences =>
> > >Receiving, unchecked the boxes "Dont show pop-up..." and "Go to
> > >Inbox...", changed "Show receive dialog" to Never, pressed "Apply" and
> > >"OK". Which is annoying, because I have to do it all over again
> > >whenever I restart CM.
> > >Is there a way to make the changes permanent ?
>
> > Permissions?
>
> What permissions ?

Permissions on the directory where the configuration/parameters files are
written, permissions on the files...

The directory : .claws-mail in your $HOME.
101 [21:55] rol at riri.DEF:~> ls -ld .claws-mail/
drwx------ 18 rol rol 4096 Mar 25 21:54 .claws-mail/

As you can see, it does belong to me, and I have permissions to rwx on it.

The configuration file : clawsrc inside the .claws-mail directory.
104 [21:57] rol at riri.DEF:~> ls -l .claws-mail/clawsrc
-rw------- 1 rol rol 12058 Mar 18 16:05 .claws-mail/clawsrc

Again, it is mine, and I can read & write it.

Paul