[Users] New member - Microsoft Exchange query

Liz edodd55 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 20:52:31 CET 2014

On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 11:42:32 +0100
Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian.sk> wrote:

> On Wed, 12 Mar 2014 20:43:37 +1100
> Liz <edodd55 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I think that it is unreasonable to claim that any mail client
> > accesses an IMAP account, and randomly moves mail into another part
> > of the account (two identical mails may go different places) when
> > it isn't even subscribed to that part of the account.
> >
> > I've searched my filtering.log for strings which would show that
> > Claws-Mail is filtering the mail into that account, but I drew a
> > negative.
> >
> > ?
> > Questions
> > Has anyone else heard of this happening?
> > Is anyone aware of a logical sequence of events which might cause
> > Claws-Mail to filter mail this way?
>
> Hello Liz,
>
> it might be that there is indeed a server-side filtering rule set. I
> would suggest connecting to the Exchange account with full Outlook,
> and looking at its "Tools->Rules and Alerts", where you can edit your
> account's server-side filtering rules.
>
> If that finds nothing relevant, try either putting claws-mail to rest
> for a while, and use completely different IMAP client, or even
> better, simply disable all filtering in claws-mail. That way you can
> rule out claws-mail's filtering being the culprit.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Regards,

Thanks Andrej. An interesting thing happened with the account
overnight, when some test messages just went missing from the Web
Outlook version

Liz

(edited copy of mail to sysadmins)

This was really interesting.
Desktop told not to get mail.
I opened OWA on the laptop. Maybe 15 - 30 min ago.
The first mail I see in the inbox is one of UC bulk emails from MB,
then PP's mail "I am the lead tech".  The mails from R were not
there.  I hadn't seen this mail to which I am replying so I didn't take
a screen shot. Sorry. The mails from R weren't in the Trash either.
- Nothing new in the Trash

Then I close that down, and start the desktop mail client to collect
mail from UC.
Now the mails from R are in the Trash.

This is really peculiar. I run 2 mailservers (home and work) and have
never heard of anything like this behaviour.

Can you send me more test mails at the same approximate time - which
gives some hours for them to disappear, as it were?