[Users] Color themes / lack of multithreading

saeed98 at gmx.com saeed98 at gmx.com
Sat Jun 28 12:09:25 CEST 2014

After a long search and comparison among email clients, I have decided
that I will start using Claws Mail. It seems to be the best choice, at
least for my needs.

A couple of questions:

* It seems that color themes are not supported on Windows, because the
Windows port does not allow a change in the GTK themes. I found an old
post with a request for enabling them, but I could not find any
practical follow-up to that. Is there a way to change color themes on
Windows? Even if it is just a hack, it would be welcome.

* I read somewhere that sometimes Claws Mail is a bit slow, because it
does not support multi-threading. I am not much knowledgeable about
these things, so I am not sure I understand this statement correctly.
Does this mean that, say, while emails are being downloaded or sent I
would be unable to browse my local messages or to compose a message?
Would the whole program be 'locked' meanwhile? What are the actual
disadvantages caused by the lack of multithreading support?

Thanks

Saeed