[Users] Claws 3.8.1 on Debian does not exit

Sat Jun 21 18:47:16 CEST 2014

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 11:50:17 -0400,
edwardp at linuxmail.org<edwardp at linuxmail.org> wrote:

>Version 3.8.1 (version included with Debian Wheezy), does not exit most
>of them time when File/Exit is selected or the window tab in the
>taskbar is right-clicked and Close Window is selected.
>
>I had to run 'ps-e' in a terminal window and kill the job number,
>twice, before Claws closed.
>
>When I attempted to close Claws just now (the first attempt), there was
>hard drive activity upon File/Exit, but the window remained open and
>would not close/exit until I killed the job as described above.
>
>It does this quite often, unfortunately. I am running the 64-bit
>version of Debian Wheezy.

Instead of building a new version yourself, try the backport - there
you'll at least have version 3.9.3. (The versions backported must be
available in testing before being backported, this is why 3.10.1 isn't
backported yet - I will backport it as soon as it is available in
testing).

Instructions on how to install from backports available at
http://backports.debian.org/Instructions/

best regards
/Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists at gusnan.se