[Users] Claws 3.8.1 on Debian does not exit

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Sat Jun 21 18:40:48 CEST 2014

On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 12:13:18 -0400 Rodney D. Myers wrote:

>On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 12:05:54 -0400
>Pierre Fortin <pf at pfortin.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 21 Jun 2014 11:50:17 -0400 edwardp at linuxmail.org wrote:
>>
>> >Version 3.8.1 (version included with Debian Wheezy), does not exit
>> >most of them time when File/Exit is selected or the window tab in the
>> >taskbar is right-clicked and Close Window is selected.
>>
>> Are you not able to update to a more current version?
>>
>> 3.8.1 was unleashed 27th June 2012; then followed by
>> 3.9.0 on 14th November 2012
>>
>> We are now at 3.10.1 unleashed 9th June 2014
>
>Not available on testing. "stuck" at 3.9.3

which was unleashed more recently on 14th December 2013

So... gotta ask:  why still running 3.8.1?  :) ;)

Many of us compile our own...  other than requiring -devel packages, it's
pretty easy to do...

From http://claws-mail.org/git.php?section=projects (+ my comments):

>To download the latest Claws Mail Git source code, move to the directory
>where you wish to download to and type the following commands:

CMSRC=/usr/local/src
[ -d $CMSRC ] || mkdir $CMSRC
cd $CMSRC
>git clone http://git.claws-mail.org/readonly/claws.git
>
>Later, when you want to update your local repository, you'll just have to

cd /usr/local/src/claws
>git pull --all
>
>To build a Git download, you'll have to run ./autogen.sh before, or
>instead of, the usual ./configure.
make
sudo make install

HTH