[Users] claws git question...

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Thu Jun 19 00:08:49 CEST 2014

On Wed, 18 Jun 2014 14:45:16 -0700
Ian Zimmerman <itz at buug.org> wrote:

> IMNSHO this is a bu^H^Hinfelicity in the build system.  A sequence of
>
> $ ./configure
> $ make
> $ make install
> $ make distclean
>
> should be a no-op wrt the claws directory.  If starting from a git tree,
> autogen.sh may create some extra files that are not in git, but again it
> should not modify _existing_ files.

I fully agree, and patches to fix this are welcome. I know this has bugged
me as well for a long while now while working on the code, but I am too scared
to get into autotools logic.

Probably the update-po (or po-update, I can never remember) make target should
be removed from any dependencies of other make targets, and should only be
invoked manually before the release?

--
Andrej Kacian