[Users] Why did you do a fork of Sylpheed?

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Wed Jun 11 01:02:29 CEST 2014

On Tue, 10 Jun 2014 23:25:04 +0100 (BST)
"N. W" <nw9165-3201 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> What goals does Claws Mail have that Sylpheed does not have? And why
> did the syncing stopped happening?

IMHO Paul is the only one able to answer that question since he have
been here since the very beginning. Even though I have been a claws
user since the time it was called sylpheed-claws and was based on GTK1
(if I recall correct the first version of sylpheed-claws I used had
version 0.3.x) I had nothing to do with development by that time and as
such I cannot give any noteworthy input.

Maybe this old announcement from Colin's wordpress can give you some
ideas ;-)
http://www.colino.net/wordpress/page/3/?s=sylpheed

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Prediction is very difficult, especially of the future.
		-- Niels Bohr