[Users] Safe list of authorized "From:" addresses for SMTP

vitsen at gmx.com vitsen at gmx.com
Tue Jun 3 15:08:09 CEST 2014

Hi

my SMTP server allows me to send emails with ANY outgoing (From)
address. While the lack of any restriction may be convenient in many
cases, it also poses a potential problem, because sometimes I may
misspell a From: email address, inserting an address that does not even
exist, and this would create a problem for the recipient who wants to
get back to me and cannot because of the wrong address provided by me.

Is there a way in Claws Mail to define a safe list of authorized
outgoing email addresses? For a given account, only those "From:"
addresses included in such list would be allowed to go through the SMTP
servers, while unknown addresses would raise an error message.

Thanks

Stefano