[Users] specifying SMPT server

Albert ARIBAUD albert.aribaud at free.fr
Sat Jul 26 07:54:46 CEST 2014

Hi Geoffrey,

Le Fri, 25 Jul 2014 20:54:43 -0700, Geoffrey Leach <geoff at hughes.net> a
écrit :

> Configuration/Account preferences SMPT sserver
>
> I say smpt.foo.net:smpt, and the log shows me as logging in to smpt.foo.net:smpt.0 which gets the error "unknown host". So, how can I suppress the ":0"?

I see several problems here:

1) (I suspect) you mistyped "smtp" in "smpt" everywhere.

2) You mistyped ":0" at the end of your question; it is ".0".

3) the SMTP port is not specified along with the SMTP server name in
the General tab; it is specified in the Advanced tab, and needs not be
specified at all if it is the standard SMTP port.

Now, why did Claws Mail add ".0" to the mistyped server name, I have no
idea, but I guess this should be fixed by setting the right SMTP
server name and port in the right places.

HTH.

Amicalement,
--
Albert.