[Users] [SOLVED] CLUE?: where's the window creation code...

pf at pfortin.com pf at pfortin.com
Thu Jul 24 21:44:51 CEST 2014

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 19:24:08 +0100 Brad Rogers wrote:

Hi Brad!

>>Anyway, my goal is to find what, in how CM opens windows, causes KDE to
>>consider CM's main and compose windows "non similar", thereby not
>>grouping them. Then, I'm hoping to add something to each compose window
>>to make them dissimilar to KDE...
>
>Rather than (re)write CM code, look at KDE's Window/Application
>settings.  I'm not 100% sure you can do what you're after with them, but
>they're worth investigating as they enable you to overrule default
>behaviour.  Hopefully, one of the settings will allow you to override
>the grouping together of multiple compose windows.
>
>Right click the compose window's title bar, then select "More Actions >
>Special Window Settings".  You'll need to match on Compose Window
>(substring) and then start fiddling with options that look as though they
>might affect grouping/tabbing of compose windows.

Dang...  awesome answer!!

Details for anyone else interested:

More Actions (access via Window Menu button on titlebar)[1]
  -> Special Application Settings
     -> Arrangement & Access
enable: Autogroup with identical + Force + No

Initially, it appeared to operate on the initial message-specific Reply;
but it's OK now...  for a few moments, I thought I'd still need to attack
the window "Role" CM{mainwindow,compose} to unique-ify the "compose" role.

Global window grouping with specific exclusions....  WOW!!! :) :)

You da man!!!   THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pierre

[1] In my case, right-click is set to send window to the back; but there
is a Window Menu at top-left in Oxygen (default) theme.