[Users] INBOX suddenly shows 0(zero) mails

Ethy H. Brito ethy.brito at inexo.com.br
Thu Jul 24 15:25:15 CEST 2014

> > The count was 3800+ INBOX messages and immediately after clicking
> > it became ZERO.
>
> Could be a corrupted cache. When/If this happens again, open the
> folder 'Properties' and click the 'Discard folder cache' button.

I will try that. That implies CM reading ALL messages from the server in the
folder again, right?

> >  Last week it did that with another folder of minor
> > importance. But this time it really erased all messages under that
> > folder (daily backup saved me).
>
> Claws would not issue the delete command without you telling it to,
> so I can't see this at all.

I am pretty sure of that.
Even so, all mails on that folder were erased.
I checked that at server folder.
It was not a simply counting error as in INBOX.

"Yo no creo en brujas, pero que las hay, las hay!"
	from the book "Dom Quixote" - Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra

As it occurred just once I assumed it was something stupid I did.
(this is not a /mea culpa/)

But I imagined it is worth to mention just in case someone else has had the
same "problem".

> > Don't know if this is related but there are times the CM starts
> > re-reading my INBOX (or some random folder) from the server, out of
> > the blue. Twice! One (fast) after the other (very slow). It freezes
> > all panels. I can not do anything for several minutes (40+ over
> > LAN). It seems to me it is resynchronizing(!?). Is it? Why?
>
> Do you have offline synchronisation switched on?

How to check that?
Do you mean Offline mode? No.

> > Just imagine that over a slow line. It takes hours!
> > IMAP problem?
>
> Of course.

Lol! Thanx for the empathy. ;-)

Ethy