[Users] INBOX suddenly shows 0(zero) mails

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Thu Jul 24 08:14:41 CEST 2014

So this is about an IMAP mailbox, you didn't mention that in your
first message.

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 22:44:50 -0300
"Ethy H. Brito" <ethy.brito at inexo.com.br> wrote:

> The problem was in the message count at left panel (that count
> below the white envelope icon at folderlist panel).
>
> I was checking messages for false positives at the spam folder and
> clicked back at INBOX.
>
> The count was 3800+ INBOX messages and immediately after clicking
> it became ZERO.

Could be a corrupted cache. When/If this happens again, open the
folder 'Properties' and click the 'Discard folder cache' button.

>  Last week it did that with another folder of minor
> importance. But this time it really erased all messages under that
> folder (daily backup saved me).

Claws would not issue the delete command without you telling it to,
so I can't see this at all.

> Don't know if this is related but there are times the CM starts
> re-reading my INBOX (or some random folder) from the server, out of
> the blue. Twice! One (fast) after the other (very slow). It freezes
> all panels. I can not do anything for several minutes (40+ over
> LAN). It seems to me it is resynchronizing(!?). Is it? Why?

Do you have offline synchronisation switched on?

> Just imagine that over a slow line. It takes hours!
> IMAP problem?

Of course.

with regards

Paul

--
Guerre aux châteaux, Paix aux chaumières