[Users] Running Claws with mail folders on external hard drive

wwp subscript at free.fr
Wed Jul 16 19:03:43 CEST 2014

Hello Lawrence,

On Wed, 16 Jul 2014 12:57:19 -0400 Lawrence London <lfljvenaura at gmail.com> wrote:

> How do I run Claws with mail folders on an external hard drive?
>
> I want to run it on a laptop with a small SSD hard drive and would prefer
> to have
> mail folders on an external drive to avoid space issues on the boot drive.
>
> Maybe there is something in the manual about this but so far have not found
> it

Close Claws Mail. Move ~/Mail to your external storage device, and
create a symlink in ~/ to it. Start Claws Mail back.

Of course, do not start Claws Mail if the external storage device is
not up and mounted. In order to handle this situation (and if you
care), you could write a shell script that checks if ~/Mail points to
an existing directory, then start CM otherwise stops and explicitly
tell what's wrong. Of course call this shell script instead of directly
calling `claws-mail`.

Regards,

--
wwp