[Users] Getting claws-mail to notice new messages

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Tue Jul 8 18:12:34 CEST 2014

I have a mail processing environment that fetches mail and distributes it to folders in the mail environment. Claws-mail does not notice these new files, even when sitting on that folder. So, if I have claws looking at the inbox folder, and new mail arrives, claws does not notice this unless I move to another folder and then move back to inbox.

An solution for me would be to have the "check for new mail every" preference setting scan the folders as well. Any way to accomplish this in the configuration?

BTW, using claws' filtering mechanism does not appear to be practical.