[Users] claws-mail-plugins.x86_64 contains no files

edwardp at linuxmail.org edwardp at linuxmail.org
Mon Jul 7 14:41:24 CEST 2014

On Mon, 7 Jul 2014 09:40:23 +0100
Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Jul 2014 09:34:25 +0100
> Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 06 Jul 2014 16:44:14 -0700
> > Geoffrey Leach <geoff at hughes.net> wrote:
> >
> > > I know that this is strictly off-topic, but should
> > > claws-mail-plugins.x86_64 really have no files?
> >
> > What distro is that? Whichever it is, it's a question for the
> > packager.
>
> Fedora I believe, yes it is empty of files. It's a way of installing
> all of the plugins despite them being packaged in separate rpms.

Some distros call this a 'meta-package' that, once selected for
installation, will automatically cause other packages to be installed.

For example, selecting package 'lxde' (desktop environment) for
installation, will cause the LXDE desktop environment to be installed
on the system, if it's not already installed. Your package manager
should automatically select the other relevant packages for
installation when a meta-package such as this is selected for
installation.

--
Sent using Claws Mail - http://www.claws-mail.org/