[Users] move action on folder of an imap account can move mails in the first account INBOX

Daniel Caillibaud ml at lairdutemps.org
Thu Jul 3 09:28:22 CEST 2014

Le 03/07/14 à 08:57, Daniel Caillibaud <ml at lairdutemps.org> a écrit :

DC> Hi,
DC>
DC> Hi guess it's a bug, but perhaps a misunderstood.
DC>
DC> I'm using claws 3.8.1 (the one of debian wheezy)
DC>
DC> On a lot of folders of imap accounts I have treatment rules to archive like
DC>   age_greater 30 move "#mh/Archives_ML/app/claws-users"
DC>
DC> But, if the destination folder doesn't exists (because a mount failed for example), all the
DC> mails matching the rule are moved to the INBOX folder of the first account.
DC>
DC> And quite often (these days almost each morning), they are moved to this wrong destination
DC> even if the destination folder exists, which is really painfull.
DC>
DC> How can I trace this to understand why ?

I had a move rule on this imap account from INBOX to #mh/Archives_ML/INBOX, and dest dir wasn't
there, so I guess that move rules have a fallback moving to dest account inbox when dest folder
doesn't exists (which seems to me a bug) and if dest account inbox doesn't exists, to move to
the first inbox found, which is really worse (because it's moving email from an imap account to
another when the user doesn't want to).

But the moved mails were in a folder whith a rule containing a valid destination, either
another rule encountered before doesn't, so it's perhaps another bug.

Let me know if it's usefull to create a bug report on claws platform.

I'll see if adding these missings destination folders will solve the pb.

in case it helps, to see if all dest folders of all rules exists :

mhbase=/path/to/mh/accounts/root
sed -nre 's/.*move "#mh(.*)".*/\1/p' ~/.claws-mail/matcherrc |while read d; \
  do [ -d "$mhbase$d" ] || echo "$d doesn't exists"; done

--
Daniel

Ce n'est pas en ouvrant la gorge du rossignol
qu'on découvrira le secret de son chant.
Jean Cocteau