[Users] Compiling error

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Tue Jul 1 07:46:15 CEST 2014

On Mon, 30 Jun 2014 21:03:46 -0500
Michael Hughes <claws-mail_user at thehugheslogcabin.net> wrote:

> errno variable is part of the standard C library and is used to pass
> error numbers from calls to libraries.  In rssyl_add_item, errno is
> being redefined as a gint, that is what is causing the error.  I'm not
> sure if why this was added to the code, but I don't think it should
> have been.

Yes, and errno is declared in errno.h which is included in some header
files so the complaint from the compiler is that errno is redefined
and that basically should not need to be declared again in
rssyl_add_item.c.

But from man errno:

"errno is defined by the ISO C standard to be a modifiable lvalue of
type int, and must not be explicitly declared; errno may be a macro.
errno is thread-local; setting  it  in  one thread does not affect its
value in any other thread."

and gint is declared in glib.h:
"typedef int    gint;"

So maybe FreeBSD is more sensitive than Linux?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
Debian Hint #30: Documentation can be made available at
http://localhost/ by installing the 'doc-base' and 'doc-central'
packages and their dependencies.