[Users] Claws-Mail.org SPF Validation Failures

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Fri Jan 3 16:26:30 CET 2014

On Fri, 3 Jan 2014 14:53:06 +0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 3 Jan 2014 09:46:26 -0500
> Jim Seymour <jseymour at LinxNet.com> wrote:
>
> > I don't know what's going on with the "magically reset password"
> > thing, but maybe y'all ought to remove the SPF record entirely,
> > until you get things straightened-out?
>
> That was only a problem for a day or two, last year. Or are you
> saying it's happened more recently and repeatedly? You didn't mention
> dates.

Yes.

Received Tue, Dec 24

"Your membership in the mailing list Users has been disabled due to
excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
17-Dec-2013."

Received Tue, Dec 31

"Your membership in the mailing list Users has been disabled due to
excessive bounces The last bounce received from you was dated
17-Dec-2013."

Doh!

I just noticed that both messages are the same.

Very odd.  When I received the first one, I re-enabled email address
*and* changed my password.  Then, when I received the 2nd one, I did it
again.

Then I kept an eye on it.  No traffic.  Looked: I was *still* disabled
and my password had "reverted" *again*.

I'm *almost* certain I saved changes, before.  I'm almost certain the
first time I did a password change, I logged out and re-logged in with
the new password.

But... perhaps some of this was just a screw-up on my part?  If you say
it was only a problem for a day or two last year...  Looks like it was
more than "a day or two," but it *is* last in my logs on the 17th.  Has
to have been me that screwed-up, somewhere.

Disregard.

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is