[Users] Claws-Mail.org SPF Validation Failures

Jim Seymour jseymour at LinxNet.com
Fri Jan 3 15:46:26 CET 2014

Hi There,

Twice in the last month or so I've received "Your membership in the
mailing list Users has been disabled due to excessive bounces... blah
blah blah..."  Look into my maillog, and, both times, SPF failures.

In the first instance it was because
"88-191-146-52.rev.poneytelecom.eu" was not on claws-mail.org's list of
allowed senders.  In the latter case, because "phy.colino.net"
failed SPF.

In both instances: Attempting to re-enable delivery, I received: "-
Results: Invalid confirmation string.  Note that confirmation strings
expire approximately 3 days after the initial subscription request."

Then, attempting to log in via the web server failed, because it
claimed my password was invalid.  Had it email my password (which,
luckily, succeeded), only to find it reset *again* to a random alpha
string.

I've now re-enabled delivery *again* and reset my password *again*.

I don't know what's going on with the "magically reset password" thing,
but maybe y'all ought to remove the SPF record entirely, until you get
things straightened-out?

Regards,
Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is