[Users] Need help, moving from kmail-1.13.5 to claws-mail

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Mon Feb 24 16:53:01 CET 2014

On Monday 24 February 2014 10:44:49 Michael Rasmussen did opine:

> On 02-24-2014 15:49, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Ok, but if I leave this copy running 24/7 like I do kmail, can this
> > machine
> > actually run another non-interacting copy when I ssh -Y coyote from
> > say,
> > lathe.coyote.den and run the 2nd copy beside the one that is already
> > running?  Previously I have not had a lot of luck trying to do that.
> > My
> > background script that uses inotifywait for that, will cause reboot to
> > fix
> > system problems if the dbus cache pipeline fills up with unreplied
> > msgs.  I
> > can of course re-write that to check for the kmail PID before sending
> > the
> > message, so that isn't insurmountable.  What I am doing there ATM is
> > if kmail's PID can't be found, my background script starts a new copy
> > of kmail, which ATM is how it gets started on a reboot.
>
> Using separate homes for each running instance will allow to start more
> instances of claws. See commandline options.

That would no doubt work except only user 1000 can access the sudo stuff in
case I need to fix something.  Potential PIMA.

Right now I am trying to figure out how to change its default mailbox so
its not looking at the kmail ~/Mail tree, where of course it cannot
actually see any of the 5Gb of mail in that tree.  So I want to start a new
tree, named mail-claws perhaps?

But I've not found where that is configured yet.

Thanks Michael.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

NOTICE: Will pay 100 USD for an HP-4815A defective but
complete probe assembly.