[Users] Keyboard shortcuts

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Feb 20 21:14:04 CET 2014

On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 18:52:33 +0000
Neil <senex at drofle.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Feb 2014 18:33:25 +0000
> Neil <senex at drofle.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > Now I must check one last thing, if I try to set a new key short-cut
> > and it is already in use do I get a warning message? That should be
> > easy to check.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Neil
> >
> Well,  I have checked and it appears that it does not warn you. This
> is a bit worrying. It could mean that I have removed a short-cut from
> elsewhere without realising it. I must be very careful to choose any
> new short-cut key combinations that are unlikely to be in use already.
>
> Neil

Yes. *And*, grepping menurc does little good, because it won't reliably
show you the default keybindings.

Paul, is there a way to get Claws or something else to dump the key
bindings that actually exist, whether they exist by default or by user
adjustment?

Armed with a list of key bindings, a duplicate key binding finder
program would be as simple as a few greps, a couple awks, and a sort.

SteveT