[Users] Change mail store folder (to another partition/drive)

Abhay S. Kushwaha kushwaha at netsolutionsindia.com
Wed Feb 19 21:32:11 CET 2014

On Wed, 19 Feb 2014 16:34:13 +0100, harro at altern.org wrote:

> I would like to change the mail store folder for Claws Mail
> (containing the emails, addressbook and mail account settings) to
> another partition and folder.

You can move the emails but not the addressbook or mail account
settings. They will always go in the default folder unless you
symlink them on either of the systems.

> Is there a way to do this?  I have looked through the options and
> configs but have not managed to achieve this without creating a
> sym-link within Windows (which I would rather avoid).

Close Claws Mail.
Move email to new folder.
Edit folderlist.xml to point to the new location of mailbox root.

The first three lines of my folderlist.xml shows:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<folderlist>
    <folder type="mh" path="D:/Mail/Office" sort="2" collapsed="0"
name="Mailbox">

I had edited the "path" value manually.