[Users] Font selection ...

Cia Watson ciamarie at centurylink.net
Wed Feb 19 17:26:05 CET 2014

On Mon, 17 Feb 2014 15:14:20 -0800
Mr X <todfod at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Installed Fedora 19. Installed all updates. Installed claws, 3.9.3. All
> well, go to pref -> display -> Fonts.... slelect message... however, a very
> limited number of fonts show up. Not all the fonts installed on the system
> show up in the list. xfontsel shows many fonts are installed? How do I get
> it to find the all the fonts on my system?

Hi M,

Fonts are generally all installed under /usr/share/fonts. One method you
could use to see which fonts are installed on the system is to open
something like Abiword or LibreOffice and see what's available in the font
selection?

I know I have a lot of fonts installed, and they are showing up when I go to
the >configuration > prefs > display > fonts, which I've customized.

Cia W.