[Users] New Member

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Mon Feb 17 12:48:47 CET 2014

On Sun, 16 Feb 2014 20:58:43 +0000
Neil <senex at drofle.co.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick answer. More checking and I see that claws does
> not work the same way as TB. In Thunderbird, if I want to open a URL
> that is in a message I just double click on it. In claws a double
> click does nothing.

In Claws you just need a single click.

> However I have now found that if I right click on the URL and choose
> 'open in browser' then it will open Firefox for me as expected.
> Oddly I find that this works whether I have the 'Use system
> defaults if possible' checked or not.

To discover the problem, start Claws from a terminal with
`claws-mail --debug` and look at the debug output when you click a
link. Paste the output in a reply to this message if you're unsure
what it's telling you.

BTW, the above is relating to a plain text message, (such as this
one), rather than an HTML part of a message using the Fancy plugin.

with regards

Paul

--
Guerre aux châteaux, Paix aux chaumières