[Users] Not able to add filters.

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Mon Feb 3 10:12:07 CET 2014

On Sun, 02 Feb 2014 23:06:13 -0600
Christian Dysthe <cdysthe at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am running Claws on Ubuntu 13.10 installed from the repos. It's
> set up with three IMAP accounts and one NNTP account. When I try to
> create a filter (for the NNTP account) at some point in the process
> the application freezes and I am not able to complete and save the
> filter. I have to kill Claws with xkill. I have tried numerous
> times but I have the same freeze, most often when I try to add the
> action, all the time. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Probably you have the packages 'overlay-scrollbar' and
'overlay-scrollbar-gtk2' installed. These packages are completely
bugged-out and, although it was reported to them many months ago,
the developers of overlay-scrollbar don't appear to want to do
anything about it.

Your solution is to remove these packages from your system.

with regards

Paul

--
Guerre aux châteaux, Paix aux chaumières