[Users] Setting automatically a BBC copy for every outgoing message

RW rwmaillists at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 2 23:36:57 CET 2014

On Sun, 02 Feb 2014 22:17:23 +0100
alb348 at gmail.com wrote:

> > Do you have a particular real-world scenario in mind? I'm guessing
> > that sending whistle-blowing emails or death threats to mafia dons
> > isn't something you do every minute.
>
> In the one of the two old messages that I linked to in my previous
> email I mentioned the real-word case of your employer spying on you.
> Or it can be your spouse, or anyone, for that matter. It happens more
> frequently than we may think.

Do you really think that your employer is going to fire you because you
sent an email from a town where a political meeting took place. This is
what I'm getting at, when you press someone about why they want to hide
their IP address, they always come up with ridiculous scenarios that
don't have anything at all to do with their own lives.

On Sun, 2 Feb 2014 20:55:34 +0000
Paul wrote:

> On Sun, 2 Feb 2014 20:39:19 +0000
> RW <rwmaillists at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
> > It's widely understood, and most people don't care any more than
> > they care about the postmark on a letter which locates you with
> > similar (usually better) precision.
>
> No, a postmark on a letter would match this scenario if the postmark
> had to have the same town as the sender's address on the envelope.
> It doesn't.

You can go to the next town and post a letter, you can go to the next
town and use a cafe or wireless hotspot, no difference there.