[Users] OT: BUG with update marking all email as "read"

Gene Heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Fri Dec 5 20:54:15 CET 2014

On Friday 05 December 2014 13:49:45 Ralf Mardorf did opine
And Gene did reply:
> On Fri, 5 Dec 2014 13:35:26 -0500, Jeremy Schneider wrote:
> > I bet gmail is removing the duplicate email.
>
> Within two weeks on 2 mailing list people are pissed off because gmail
> does this.
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2014-December/2627
> 21.html
>
> > Ralf's link to the ubuntu guidelines were a helpful starting point -
> > thanks.
>
> You're welcome!

I have no clue why this is news.  Google has never returned one of your
own emails to you, ever.  To their software, its a duplicate, and your
subbed address will be deleted before sending the msg back out to YOU.

And bitching about it to google is ignored, to them the duplicate control
over rides what the user wants and they will not entertain a discussion
about it.  BTDT, which is one of the reasons that while I have an account
at gmail, had it since a month or so after the launch of the service, it
might get used once a week when kmail ignores my sticky checkmarks on all
that stuff.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)