[Users] OT: BUG with update marking all email as "read"

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Thu Dec 4 19:32:43 CET 2014

On Thu, 4 Dec 2014 07:44:42 -0500
Jeremy Schneider <jeremy.schneider at ardentperf.com> wrote:

Hello Jeremy,

>really?  mailman sends a duplicate message if a list member is in the
>to or cc field?

It can be configured not to.  Although that's a user's preference.  And
as Barry says, it can cause all sort of issues for the unaware.

>very much prefer that practice. i use IMAP (to support multiple

IMO, sending me a message twice (once privately, and once via an ML)
appears like the act of a deranged mind.

--
 Regards  _
Only the wounded remain, the generals have all left the game