[Users] mail archiver - best practices

Gour gour at atmarama.net
Mon Aug 25 19:16:22 CEST 2014

On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 17:21:14 +0200
Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> For best cross platform support I would choose tar and zip for
> archive.

I'm using only Linux, butI agree that tar/zip are good combo.

> If you choose the option rename then the file names inside the archive
> will use descriptive names (date_from at to@subject) which should be
> easily searchable with any disend archiver.

That's nice. However, I wonder about some tool to enable me to search
for *content* within compressed tarball? Any hint?

> You could consider the option 'Select mails before' YYYY-MM-DD.

That's nice. Is it possible to do it automagically via some custom
action to do it similarly, iirc, as mutt, iow. to e.g. create folder's
archive every month/6monthy/year or so?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
One who restrains his senses, keeping them under full control,
and fixes his consciousness upon Me, is known as a man of