[Users] Trying to allow re-edit on messages I sent and saved in non-F_OUTBOX folders

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Wed Aug 20 15:34:05 CEST 2014

On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 18:50:14 -0400 I wrote:

>clue how to easily get the folder tree I moved as a test back out from
>under Sent?  They got flagged as Outbox folder type and won't move back
>out...    <sheepish grin>

A minor edit to folderlist.xml (added a new Sent entry and changed
container to Sent.old & type=normal) allowed me to move the tree back and
the filters were auto-corrected.

Back to original issue:

Any clue how I can allow re-editing messages _I_ sent/saved in normal
folders? ...without the current convoluted manual workarounds:
- move/copy message to Sent
  re-edit & send
  move back to where I want to save it
or:
- forward (which saves new msg in Sent) [1]
  move sent msg back to where I want to save it

[1] maybe the solution to all this would be for forwarded message to
honor " Save copy of outgoing messages to this folder instead of Sent"

Thoughts?

Cheers,
Pierre