[Users] Trying to allow re-edit on messages I sent and saved in non-F_OUTBOX folders

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Wed Aug 20 00:50:14 CEST 2014

Hi,

Found a weird subtlety...  (OK...  pebcak error :)  LOL

I'm trying to understand why there exists a restriction which prevents us
from being able to re-edit a previously sent message which was saved in a
folder which is not F_OUTBOX type...

After perusing the code for a while, I got the idea to "try" something...

I moved a folder (actually, a tree) into the Sent folder, and then I
could re-edit previously sent messages.  However, it's possible to
re-edit ANY message which is not what I'm looking for...

summmaryview.c:3396
    snprintf(tmp2, BUFFSIZE-1, "--> %s", to_text);
knows to flag messages which I sent and saved in "Save copy of outgoing
messages to this folder instead of Sent" folders.

I don't mind maintaining such code locally; but while commenting
mainwindow.c:3013 to:
	if (selection == SUMMARY_SELECTED_SINGLE && item)
			/*    (item &&
	     (folder_has_parent_of_type(item, F_DRAFT) ||
	      folder_has_parent_of_type(item, F_OUTBOX) ||
	      folder_has_parent_of_type(item, F_QUEUE)))) */
activates Message->Re-edit, there's still code in compose.c which
disallows re-editing...

Does anyone mind pointing me to the flag I would need to test to
determine that a message is one *I* sent and saved in a non-F_OUTBOX
folder?

Thanks,
Pierre

PS:  Oh yeah... that weird subtlety I mentioned above -- anyone have a
clue how to easily get the folder tree I moved as a test back out from
under Sent?  They got flagged as Outbox folder type and won't move back
out...    <sheepish grin>