[Users] Mark as read/unread

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Mon Aug 11 11:45:11 CEST 2014

On Fri, Aug 08, 2014 at 07:24:19PM -0400, Pierre Fortin wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Aug 2014 10:16:05 -0700 sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >I have CM 3.10.1. I use ! to mark a message as unread.
> >
> >I'd like to convert the mark as unread ! to a toggle. ! mark as
> >unread, ! again and marks it as read.
> >
> >Is it possible?
>
> Not currently; but should be doable since it works exactly that way with
> mouse clicks.  Open a RFE -- I would even suggest that all the Mark->*
> choices can be turned into toggles.

  This can already be achieved with Python plugin. Place this into some
file.py in your ~/.claws-mail/python-scripts/main directory and refresh
your python scripts:

-------
# get actions
action_group = clawsmail.get_mainwindow_action_group()
action_unmark = action_group.get_action("Message/Mark/Unmark")
action_mark = action_group.get_action("Message/Mark/Mark")
# process selected messages
for msg in clawsmail.get_summaryview_selected_message_list():
        clawsmail.summaryview_select_messages([msg])
        if msg.is_marked():
                action_unmark.activate()
        else:
                action_mark.activate()

-------

  Similarly it could be done for the other Mark choices.

  HTH,
--
  Ricardo Mones
  ~