[Users] index searching multiple subfolders

Uwe mm at edor.eu
Mon Apr 28 16:50:40 CEST 2014

christian,

On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 13:37:31 +0200
christian graf <chr.graf at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi Uwe,
>
> thanks for this good hint. recoll/xapian is now installed and my
> emails get actually indexed.

use advanced search and:

> May I ask kindly to craft a recoll-query which identifies a email
> with the following contraints (all of them must match):
> - to or cc must contain string-A
would be field "recipient" (to,cc,bcc)
> - age of the email <60days
use a date filter
> - subject included string-B
subject ist the field "title"
> - Body contains string-C
body is "any field"

For all, you can use the advanced search gui, but you should try a bit,
I guess inserting string A B C in the fast search bar, this will be
enough already.

Then you should consult the online manual, there are many tweaks
possible in the GUI. You can define new Document types to search within
some config files in your home.

For the above search, recoll will query the xapian index like this:

((((10 * (XTOA PHRASE 4 XTOabstract.de) AND
XTOA:(wqf=11) AND
SB:(wqf=11) AND C:(wqf=11)) FILTER (D20140228 OR M201403
OR M201404 OR M201405 OR M201406 OR M201407 OR M201408 OR M201409 OR
M201410 OR M201411 OR M201412)) AND ( FILTER (Tmessage/rfc822 OR
Ttext/x-gaim-log OR Ttext/x-mail OR Ttext/x-purple-html-log OR
Ttext/x-purple-log))))

There are some more gui's for xapiam out there, but recoll is my
favourite.