[Users] index searching multiple subfolders

Uwe mm at edor.eu
Mon Apr 28 10:50:34 CEST 2014

On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 08:06:13 +0200
christian graf <chr.graf at gmx.de> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am wondering how to run a search which includes multiple subfolders?
>
> e.g. my mail-archieves contain multiple folders and I want to perform
> a single search which greps through all of them.
> mail-archieve->
>     yearxx
>     yearyy
>     yearzz
>
> any input much appreciated

Inside from claws, I do use mairix, it is extremely fast, but you can
not see, to which folder the searched message depend.

Here the mairix wrapper for claws
http://www.claws-mail.org/tools.php?section=downloads

Outside from claws I do use Recoll in combination with xapian, which can
handle and filter MH-mailboxes. It will find just in realtime over all
of your messages. There is a preview option, where you can read the
mail and an open option, which shows you the mail directly in claws.
Very smooth!