[Users] claws performance, >100.000 emails

Erich Dollansky erichsclawslist at alogt.com
Sun Apr 27 05:15:11 CEST 2014

Hi,

On Sun, 27 Apr 2014 01:36:21 +0200
behn <chr.graf at gmx.de> wrote:

> 1 mbox per folder during migration sounds impractical to me. I hope
> by setting up a local imap-server (dovecot) I  will be able to copy
> complete directories. The idea I have is the following:
>
> a) use thunderbird, copy pop3-fetched folders to imap-account on
> local server

there should be a plug-in that could convert your mbox mails into the
format Clauws-Mail uses.

> @Erich - the root-cause for beeig slow is still an issue - you are
> right by asking for it. Beside beeing slow, the directory-structure
> within TB gets corrupt. From time-to-time complete folders disappear.
> By tries to get it fixed failed so far (like deleting msf,
> comapcting, creating new-folders and copy emails - and then delete
> old folders,...), so I need a cleanup anyway.

I forgot this already. The main problem for me was that new e-mails did
not get reported. I have had to go through all my folders to check for
new e-mails. Of course, I missed at least one of them.

> good to know that folder shall stay <10k emails for best performance.

It is not that crucial. You just notice it. It becomes a problem above
100 000 e-mails in a folder. It is just the time it takes to switch
between folders when reading new e-mails. I see this problem only on
folders containing the e-mails from mailing lists.

Erich