[Users] claws performance, >100.000 emails

Nicolas Iselin nicolas.claws at iselin.ch
Sun Apr 27 00:13:32 CEST 2014

Hi Christian

> My main concern is performance honestly. I have roughly 130.000
> emails stored in my thunderbird (pop3), including attachments.
> related to this would be the question how fast the search-engine will
> be. The reason for storing the emails is to search them. So its
> crucial that claws is somewhat fast in searching such large
> structures.

My personal impression of the search is that as long as you only search
in the headers (which are "indexed" separately), claws is very fast.
However, searching in the body of the mails is at least 2 times slower
(if not more) compared to a simple recursive grep ("grep -R").

This comparison can be made of course only if all mails are stored
locally.

Nicolas