[Users] Marking messages as read

Neil senex at drofle.co.uk
Sat Apr 12 10:00:53 CEST 2014

When I start up Claws it is set to download any new emails. They show
up as bold text in the lists of messages. Fine. I then
click on one of the unread messages which opens it up in a new window.
Having read it I close the window by pressing  Esc which takes me back
to the previous window.

Now the message that I have just read is no longer in bold and the
number of unread messages has reduced by one. Again fine. That is how I
have set it up in preferences.

However, if I have several new messages in a
particular folder I click on the first one to read it and then I use
the keyboard shortcut Shift-N to move on to the next unread one until I
am told there are no more unread ones in that folder.

And here is the query, if I go through the unread messages using this
keyboard shortcut the messages, after the first one, do not get marked
as read and the number of unread messages is not reduced. I am guessing
that this is because I am still using the same window while working my
way through them.

Is there any way round this please?

Thanks

Neil