[Users] Changed SSL certificate

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Sep 27 05:16:46 CEST 2013

On Thu, 26 Sep 2013 09:32:27 +0200
Ricardo Mones <ricardo at mones.org> dijo:

>On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 05:33:03PM -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
>> Claws Mail 3.8.0 on Xubuntu 12.04.
>>
>> Lately I have been constantly getting popup messages like this:
>>
>> Changed SSL Certificate
>[...]
>> Regardless if I click on Cancel connection or I click on Accept and
>> save, the messages keep popping up. In the meantime, Claws Mail
>> fetches the mail just fine.
>>
>> The popups are highly annoying because they appear right on top of
>> whatever program window I am working in. I don't know if they are an
>> indication of a security problem, or if they can be safely ignored.
>> Most importantly, I can't figure out how to shut them up.

>  http://claws-mail.org/pipermail/users/2012-January/001099.html

Your link only offers the suggestion to edit clawsrc to make it stop
checking SSL certificates. I'm not sure that is a good idea.

In the meantime I have a partial solution. I had CM set to check all
three accounts every three minutes, which then generated a multitude of
annoying popups. CM never pops up the warnings if I use Get or
Get All. So I turned off the automatic checking every three minutes and
just check mail manually when I want to see if I have mail.

I don't understand why I got the warnings with the automatic checks but
never get the warnings with manual checks.

Note that I started getting these popup warnings about two weeks ago. I
understand servers might be out of sync for a day or two, but gmail and
comcast, both huge players? For two weeks?

Something is not adding up here.