[Users] Ordering of mail

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Wed Sep 25 17:17:16 CEST 2013

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 14:13:30 +0100 Brad Rogers wrote:

Hi Brad!

>>Why not indeed...  :)  Actually, I always wondered why "sent" messages
>>in "this folder" can't be re-edited without a copy/move to Sent folder.
>
>Because the folder is not of the correct type.  That is, it's not of the
>type "Queue".

>Set the folder type as Queue, but be warned, you can't change it back
>from within CM, so if you think you might want to change it I suggest
>you keep a back up copy of folderlist.xml from ~/.claws-mail, just in
>case.  Alternatively, you can edit folderlist.xml whilst CM _isn't_
>running.

Other than the difficulty in reverting, are there any other downsides?
If changing most of my folders to Queue type solves the re-edit issue
with no other side effects, that would be awesome for me...

I never stopped to think about the reason for folder type...  so setting
a/some folder(s) to type Trash would allow emptying on File->Empty all
Trash folders...  interesting...  now I finally understand another CM
subtlety...  :)

Thanks,
Pierre