[Users] addrbook files

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Thu Sep 19 04:16:30 CEST 2013

On Wed, 18 Sep 2013 19:39:06 -0400
Lee Underwood <mail at leeunderwood.org> wrote:

> I have many files, 12 to be exact, with a title such as
> "addrbook-000003.xml". Some have an additional back-up file extension
> "addrbook-000003.xml.bak". Is there a reason for all of these? Can I
> delete some of them?

If you look in your address book (Tools->Address Book), you will
probably find a number of folders.

These are what is referenced by those files.

The .bak file are standard procedure.

They don't take up much space so it might be best to leave them alone.

Alternatively back up your .claws-mail folder, delete the ones
that you want to and then see what happens

Owen