[Users] Vcalendar : How to subscribe to a calendar that require authentication ?

Gerard Breiner gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr
Fri Sep 13 16:10:25 CEST 2013

Hi all,

1 )
Thanks for yours answers… I installed the "ppa" as it has been advised… Now I have Claws-mail 3.9.1. Nevertheless  I did not notice any change in the way to subscribe to a calendar.
I still have to write the username and password in the url like this https://user:password@myserver/rpc.php/kronolith/gbreiner/tV0_HIukgmK0sftwQ6bIJA3.ics and moreover it seems that vcalendar do not recognize caldav but webdav calendar whereas kronolith enable the caldav protocol.

2)
I Installed claws-mail 3.9.2 under windows xp too and encounter the same problem.

3)
I try to install it under MacOS X 10.8 via brew but encounter some issues with glib.
"brew audit glib" (is ok)
"brew install -vd glib" give errors :

checking for python script directory... ${prefix}/lib/python2.7/site-packages
checking for python extension module directory... ${exec_prefix}/lib/python2.7/site-packages
checking for iconv_open... no
checking for libiconv_open in -liconv... no
checking for iconv_open in -liconv... no
configure: error: *** No iconv() implementation found in C library or libiconv
/usr/local/Library/Homebrew/formula.rb:591:in `system'
BuildError: Failed executing: ./configure --disable-maintainer-mode --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-dtrace --disable-modular-tests --disable-libelf --prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/glib/2.36.4 --localstatedir=/usr/local/var --with-gio-module-dir=/usr/local/lib/gio/modules
1. raise
2. ignore
3. backtrace
4. irb