[Users] Missing python.so

Sharon Kimble boudiccas at talktalk.net
Mon Sep 9 13:43:00 CEST 2013

On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 12:05:42 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 11:53:40 +0100
> Sharon Kimble <boudiccas at talktalk.net> wrote:
>
> > I compiled CM-3.9.2-89-g9ba669-dirty this morning from the git
> > repo, it installed okay no problems, but when I come to associate
> > the plugins with their 'foo.so' its missing 'python.so'! I do have
> > an old one in /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/claws-mail/plugins/python.so
> > but this CM wont load it saying its too old. Just thought I'd let
> > you know, and we'll see if this can still function without it.
>
> Maybe you installed into /usr/local/ rather than /usr/
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

I went with the default for this installation, which
was /usr/local/bin, and there was an old claws-mail in /usr/bin which
I've deleted. But its made no difference, its still missing python.so,
which it reminds you of every time claws-mail is started.

Thanks
Sharon.
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, LibreOffice 4.1.0.4
Registered Linux user 334501