[Users] "Read" status reversed on IMAP account

Mirosław Zalewski miniopl at poczta.onet.pl
Thu Sep 5 19:02:45 CEST 2013

Dnia 2013-09-05, o godz. 18:07:09
Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> napisał(a):

> You're indeed the first person to report this to us. But fixing it
> would be nice. What you could do is capture a "claws-mail --debug"
> log, when in the buggy mode, showing two subsequent openings of the
> same folder (showing the reversal of the read flag).

I got the log. It is over 500 kB in size, so I put it on my website:
<http://przepis-na-lo.pl/claws-mail-reverse-status.log>

What I did:
1. Install claws-mail-dbg from Debian repository, just in case
2. Check "bandwidth-efficient mode" for IMAP account in question
3. Uncheck "fetch new mails checks this account" for all accounts but
the one in question
4. Close Claws-Mail
5. run 'claws-mail --debug > claws-mail-reverse-status.log 2>&1'
6. "Read" status of all messages was inverted and first (automatic)
check for new mails bring it back to normal. I checked for new mails
again, so it inverted all of them and showed 2700 unread. Check for new
mails again to make it correct. Quit Claws-Mail.

I have removed e-mail addresses from log file. As far as I can tell,
e-mail address of account in question is not advertised anywhere on the
web and I would prefer it to stay this way (a little less spam to fight
with).

Hope that helps. If there is anything else I can do, just let me know.
--
Best regards
Mirosław Zalewski