[Users] Signatures

Bruce Bowler bbowler at bigelow.org
Thu Oct 31 20:39:59 CET 2013

I've pretty much completely switched over to Claws from Sylpheed, but
there are a few things that Sylpheed does differently for Claws, and I
like the Sylpheed way better.  I'm wondering if there's a configuration
option that I missed somewhere along the line.

I'm running Claws version 3.9.3-94-gc6f41d on Windows 7 Pro.

I have a program that auto-generates signatures by pulling quotes out of a
text file.  It works well, but on occasion generates a signature that
would not be appropriate for a particular situation and/or recipient.  In
Sylpheed, if I hit the 'Append Signature' button in the compose window, it
would either append a signature if none exists, or it would replace the
signature if one was already present.  In Claws, 'insert signature' always
inserts a signature, even if one already exists.

Is there functionality in Claws to behave the way that Sylpheed does?
Yes, I know I can manually delete the 'inappropriate' signature manually,
but a) computers are supposed to make life easier and b) I can't think of
a situation where I'd want to append 2 signature blocks to a given email.

Thanks!
Bruce