[Users] Finally, I had to switch to Thunderbird. CM is too slow to be usable!

Marcel van der Boom marcel at hsdev.com
Wed Oct 30 18:12:05 CET 2013

On wo 30-okt-2013 17:52
Daniele Boffi <3daniele03 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking at old threads in this list, I have the feeling that this not
> avoidable. Please, correct me if I am wrong: I would be happy to know
> that I am missing something and, if this is the case, to come back to
> a usable CM.

It is not avoidable as such within CM, but exactly for this reason I
run a local Dovecot IMAP server, which i sync up with the 'real' server
with offlineimap.

So, my incoming mail chain looks like this:

  CM <-- Local Dovecote IMAP <-- offline-imap <-- Remote IMAP server

Claws connects to the local IMAP server only and is thus always fast.

Obvious disadvantage is added complexity, but once setup, it works fine.

hth,
marcel