[Users] Claws Mail opens full-screen and without decorations, despite asD sequence

Pete Spotts n1abs at comcast.net
Sun Oct 27 17:31:14 CET 2013

Hi Folks,

I'm using Claws-Mail 3.9.1 on Lubuntu 12.04.

For reasons that must have had something to do with fat fingers, Claws
Mail opens in Openbox full screen and without decoration. I've tried
the alt-space-D Openbox sequence, which brings up the window-related
commands, but the Un/Decorate selection, among others, is grayed out
and unavailable. Interestingly, when I composed this message, I *could*
use the asD sequence to toggle between decorate and undecorate for the
message window.

The same phenomenon occurs when I open C-M using Xfce or Lubuntu's
native manager LXDE(?). So perhaps Claws-Mail is keeping the decoration
information somewhere?

Just for yuks, I replaced Openbox's rc file in my home/~/.config/openbox
directory with the original in /etc/xdg/openbox, but that fails to
solve the problem.

And the winning solution is??  ;-)

With best regards,

Pete