[Users] Change of focus when clicking a link

Thomas Taylor linxt at comcast.net
Thu Oct 24 07:31:06 CEST 2013

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 16:47:24 -0300
Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI <renaud at olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 14:51:04 -0400
> Charles A Edwards <CAE at eslrahc.com> wrote:
>
> > > Would there be a way to have the focus remain on Claws ? (I dont know
> > > whether this is a problem with Claws , or with Firefox...)
> >
> > It is not a 'problem' it is a 'choice' that is configured in
> > firefox under Edit/Preferences/General
> > Uncheck the heading:
> > "When I open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately"
>
> The heading is unchecked in Firefox, and still from Claws it switches to the
> new tab; interestingly, it does not when I click a link within Firefox, or my
> ebook reading prog. Cheers,
>
> Ron.

Hi Ron,
Which OS and desktop are you using?  If Linux with KDE, focus stealing
prevention can be set on a per window basis.  Right click on the window
titlebar and select "more actions > special window settings > appearance &
fixes > focus stealing prevention".  You might want to play with it a bit to
get things the way you want.

Tom

--
Every man is encompassed by a cloud of comforting convictions, which move with
him like flies on a summer day.

^^^^
Tom Taylor - retired penguin - KG7CFC
AMD Phenom II x4 955 -- 4GB RAM -- 2x1.5TB sata2
openSUSE 13.1_RC1-x86_64
KDE 4.11.12, FF 24.0, claws-mail 3.9.2
registered linux user 263467